Additional Contact Information
If you have questions regarding course requirements, you may contact:
There is no official program application. As long as the prerequisites are met, registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
To add your name and address to the our mailing list, write to:
Foothill College, EMT Program
Attn: Charlie Mckellar
4000 Middlefield Road
Palo Alto, CA, 94303
or call (650) 949-6955.
- HLTH 55 or First Responder Course*
(*defined as the American Red Cross Emergency Response course. In addition,
either the American Red Cross CPR for the Professional Rescuer card or the
American Heart Association CPR for the Health Care Professional card must be obtained).
Click here for more info on the Health 55 class.
Students are required to obtain bring in to class proof of the following immunizations by the end of their EMT 304 class
. They are:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR): either proof of MMR immunization within the last 8 years, or a positive titer (a blood draw showing that immunization already exists).
- Tetnus (DT, DPT or TD): immunization must be within the last 10 years
- Negative TB skin test (PPD): skin test date must be less than 6 months before beginning your clinical rotation (in EMT 305). Persons with a history of a positive PPD must provide documentation of a recent chest x-ray and a review of symptoms within the past 12 months. If a chest x-ray is abnormal, clinician clearance must also be provided.
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Documentation of both varicella vaccine shots, given 4 to 8 weeks apart, or a positive varicella titer.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series: documentation showing that the Hepatitis B series of immunizations (total of three doses) has been started by the end of the first month of EMT 304 class, or, documentation showing a positive Hep B titer.
For more information on these shots/titers, please call our Health Services office at (650) 949-7243
Red Cross Information:
Bay Area Chapter (covers San Francisco, Contra Costa, Solano, Marin, San Mateo, and Alameda Counties): www.bayarea-redcross.org
, (415) 427-8000
Silicon Valley Chapter (Palo Alto & San Jose): www.siliconvalley-redcross.org
Palo Alto Office: (650) 688-0415
San Jose Office: (408) 577-1000
Santa Cruz County Chapter: www.sccredcross.org
, (831) 462-2881
top of page