The Multicultural Events Assistant provides direct staff support for the cultural months activities and other events, and acts as a liaison for the Student Activities Specialist and events planning committees. Will work with Smart Shop and Design Center on a daily basis. Daily tasks include checking in with Erin on time each day at the beginning of the shift and monitoring the quality of the marketing stands, display cases, display tables, storage closets, banners, imputing text, creating letters, stuffing the faculty/staff boxes, motivating and assisting planning committees, gathering photos from the committees, mailings, phone calls and other responsibilities and requested by the Student Activities Specialist or the Director of Student Activities. Other responsibilities include:
- Help develop and display promotional and other marketing material
- Keep records of all contact information for Heritage Month advisors and others
- Keep archives of fliers, timelines and other information
- Track event attendance statistics
- Provide logistical needs for guest speakers and performers, and events in general
- Effectively relate to people of diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Enroll in at least 6 units each quarter of employment
- Maintain at least a 2.0 grade point average
- Show proficiency in basic computer skills and software (Microsoft Word)
- Behave and dress professionally
- Familiarity with campus offices, locations, programs and services
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, creative
- Two-quarter commitment is preferred.
Position is quarterly, but prefer a nine-month commitment. Training in December for winter quarter.