Classified Professionals Flex Day
Friday, May 24, 2013
De Anza College Campus, Conference Rooms A & B
Safety, Sanity and Synergy
Personal safety and the safety of our students and colleagues is an important
topic for Classified Professionals. The day will be dedicated to learning
strategies for creating a safe campus environment. Self-care continues to be
an important theme as well, and strategies for stress reduction will be presented
in several workshops. The goals of the retreat include:
- Safety: Strategies for creating a safe work place and campus, and learning to identify potential safety problems.
- Sanity: Self-care through workshops targeting stress-reduction and relaxation techniques.
- Synergy: A day to meet and network with other Classified Professionals.
Calling All Raffle Donations
Due by May 21
Each year the planning committee asks for raffle items in the $15+ range from staff.
Good ideas for raffle donations include:
- Gift cards to local restaurants and stores
- Movie or sporting event tickets
- An Amazon Gift Card (good for just about anything!)
- Gift certificates for services such as manicures or massages
Please submit your raffle donation by Tuesday, May 21, to:
De Anza College: La Donna Yumori-Kaku, email@example.com
Central Services: Patience McHenry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foothill College: Erin Ortiz, email@example.com
Submit by May 10
We need your help! We have set aside a portion of the lunchtime activities
to publicly honor and recognize those Classified Professionals who have gone
above and beyond and accomplished something special outside of work this past
year. Some of the activities we would like to give a special "shout out" to
- Award from an association or group for outstanding work
- Special recognition from a community or volunteer organization (examples: PTA, Girl Scouts, Rotary, etc.)
- Placing in an athletic event (example: 25th in the San Jose Marathon, 5th in the Iron Man competition)
- Earning a degree or certificate
Let us know if you or another classified colleague should receive a special recognition by Friday, May 10.
Send information to: Virginia Marquez, x8829 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Agenda here. (PDF)
For more information about the Classified Professionals Flex Day, download the Handyguide here.
Top of page
May 21, 2013