Looking for a Faculty or Staff Member?
Katherine Schaefers, M.A.Anthropology Instructor Business and Social Sciences Division
n/a email@example.com http://www.foothill.edu/bss/directory.php?s=1&rec_id=1395Foothill campusOffice:
3102 Office Hours:
Room: 3102 (Anthropology Lab)
Monday/Wednesday 9:30-10am, or by appointment
When emailing the above address (firstname.lastname@example.org), please take care to include all letters of my first and last names. Schedule:
Anth 1L - Physical Anthropology Lab
Anth 5 - The Anthropology of Magic, Science, and Religion
Writing Guidelines for Anthropology:
From Andrew Kindon, West Valley College
Physical Anthropology Lab
Exploring Physical Anthropology: A Lab Manual & Workbook
2nd edition. Walker-Pacheco. (2010)
• Distinguish scientific methodology from other methods of evaluation or thinking
• Explain a variety of primate and/or hominid evolutionary patterns over time
• Assemble or organize specimens and/or models used in physical anthropology (skeletal, dental, genetic, geological)
• Employ basic forensic field methods for analyzing and interpreting human remains
• Research an anthropological topic and prepare the results for public and/or classroom presentation
• Evaluate and debate social, cultural, environmental, or other influences on hominid adaptation and survival over time
Stein & Stein
The Anthropology of Religion, Magic, and Witchcraft
3rd edition. Pearson Education Inc. (2011)
*Students will practice and apply understandings of the ways in which people have attempted to gain mastery over the natural and supernatural worlds.
*Students will learn how to critically analyze and interpret ethnographic data.
*Students will apply anthropological principles for solving human problems on the local, regional and world scales.
Museum Extra Credit Project
Chapter 1 Introduction to the Study of Magic, Science and Religion
The symbolism and iconography of classical Gnosticism and other mystery religions Biography:
2002 A.A. Individual Studies - Foothill CollegeLast update:
2004 B.A. Anthropology - University of California Santa Barbara
2006 M.A. Classical Archaeology - University of Leiden
Gnostic Imagery from the Beginning of our Era to Today. Rose+Croix Journal, vol 8. 2011.
An Isis Timeline. Rosicrucian Digest, vol. 99. 2010.
Essene Ethnicity. Rose+Croix Journal, vol. 5. 2008.
-Presentations and Online Media-
An Isis Timeline
Online audio presentation of own article for the Rosicrucian Digest, 2010
An Orphic Timeline
Online audio presentation for the Rosicrucian Digest, 2008
Introduction to the Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, 2009
2014-04-09 Search Time: 0.112 secs.
Click here to start a new search.
Find additional campus contacts on our Contact Us page.