Etudes Login Instructions
|If your instructor uses Etudes to deliver your online course and you have enrolled using MyPortal, you will be able to login to your course on the first day of the quarter.
On-Campus Orientation to Etudes
- Attend an Etudes orientation session on campus to learn how to use our course software.
- First week of each quarter on Tuesday at 12:30 - 2 pm OR Wednesday at 3 - 4:30 pm
- Krause Center for Innovation in Rm 4008 (KCI)
How to Login to Etudes
Step 1 - Follow our Browser Guide to setup your browser
Step 2 - Review the System Requirements to further setup your computer
Step 3 - Figure out your Etudes User ID and Password
Your Etudes User ID is the same 8 digits as your Student Identification Number. For example: If Gloria Chung's Student Identification Number is 12345678, then her Etudes User ID would be 12345678, also.
Your Etudes Password is created by using your birthday.
Example: If your birthday is April 22, 1991 (04/22/91), then your Password = 0422.
The Month+Day value is always 4-digits (mmdd) where a single digit day or month starts with a zero. Do NOT use the year.
Step 4 - Login to Etudes by visiting and entering your login info in the upper right hand corner
Step 5 - Be sure to CHANGE your Etudes Password from MonthDay to a more secure password after you login for the first time.
My User ID or Password is not working
If you have taken an Etudes course before, then your User ID and Password are the same as you used the last time you logged in! We don't reset them.
- User ID Correct? - Check the instructions under Step 3 above
- Password correct? - If your Password is not working then you can request to Reset Password.
- Update your account if you cannot reset password
- Please CHECK to be sure that your Etudes account has your current email address so that you will receive Announcements and Private Messages from your instructor!
- If you were able to login to Etudes prior to Winter 2010 but can't now, check to make sure that your browser is accepting cookies for the new Etudes Web address: https://myetudes.org/portal/
I Don't Know Campus Wide ID / My Student ID
Click on Reset your Password. Your campuswide ID and a temporary password will be e-mailed to you.
Still having trouble?
If you still have any trouble logging in or accessing your course after checking System Requirements, please visit our Online Classes Help Center
Please CHECK to be sure that your Etudes account has your current email address so that you will receive Announcements and Private Messages from your instructor!