If you ARE a De Anza College student
F-1 students attending De Anza College full-time, who wish to take a class at Foothill, must follow these steps below. Please note that you must pay the fees at Foothill (where you are not the full-time student) within five days of class registration, or you will be dropped from those classes.
If you are NOT a De Anza College student
- You must first go to the International Student Programs office at
De Anza to get an approval letter.
- Bring the approval letter to the International Student Office at Foothill in Room 5922 or fax it to (650) 949-7080.
- Our staff at the International Student Office will help you complete the remainder of the application process.
- Pay your fees within five days of class registration, or you will be dropped from those classes.
F-1 students from other schools who wish to take on-campus or online classes at Foothill College part-time or over the summer must follow these steps.
- Apply to Foothill College online. When the "Application for Admission" window opens, choose "New, Returning or High School Student".
You will be asked for a student ID number. At this time, it is your Social Security Number. If you do not have a Foothill College ID number or a Social Security Number, call the Admissions & Records office at (650) 949-7325. A nine-digit ID number will be assigned to you.
You can then use this ID number to fill out the application form and submit it online. Keep the ID number in a safe place, as it will be required for future registration and other requests.
- When the application is complete, print and sign the signature page.
- Submit the following documents to the Foothill College International Student Office:
- Signed signature page of the Foothill application
- Copy of page 1 of your current I-20 (De Anza students do not need a copy of their I-20)
Mail, fax or submit in person (in-person is the best option) to:
International Student Office, Room 5922
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
Tel.: (650) 949-7293
FAX: (650) 949-7080
- You may register for classes online after the registration date that applies to you. To find out the appropriate registration date, log into the Foothill College registration system with your ID at http://www.foothill.edu/reg/stepschk.php. Or you can go to Apply & Register to find registration dates for new or returning students at http://www.foothill.edu/reg/index.php.
If you cannot register two weeks after submitting your application to Foothill, contact the Admissions & Records Office at
(650) 949-7325 and press "8" to speak to a representative.
- Before registering for mathematics, English, ESL or chemistry courses, you must take a placement test. You can make an appointment for a placement test online at http://www.foothill.edu/placement/index.php.