Below is a list of documents from the U.S. Department of State Web site that all applicants for a student visa must provide. You should also consult a U.S. embassy or consulate in your country to see if there are any additional country-specific visa application requirements.
- A SEVIS-generated Form I-20, Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Student Status, issued by Foothill College. Applicants need to satisfy our admission requirements in order to receive an I-20.
- Payment receipt for the SEVIS I-901 fee.
- Completed application forms: Form DS-156 and Form DS-158. Form DS-156 must be filled out electronically. Some applicants will also be required to complete and sign Form DS-157.
- A passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
- One 2-inch x 2-inch photograph. There are special instructions for the photograph.
- Transcripts from Foothill (your current U.S. school) if you are a continuing student re-applying for a visa.
- Submit any additional documents, such as TOEFL scores, financial evidence, etc. required by the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country of visa application.