Inspiration to succeed academics & transfer
Inspiration to enjoy campus life & facilities
- Foothill offers the first two years of almost any field of study offered at any university. In addition to over 70 traditional majors such as business administration, engineering and theatre technology, you can get a competitive edge by studying the hottest fields of the future biotechnology, GIS, nanoscience, video & computer game design, and many more.
- Take advantage of our outstanding transfer relationships with many selective 4-year universities in California and across the U.S. to transfer directly into the third year and save as much as half the cost of your Bachelor's degree!
- Foothill has articulation agreements with all UCs, CSUs and other universities for credit transfer, as well as guaranteed admission with UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Santa Cruz, UC Merced, Santa Clara University, Cornell (Engineering), and preferred admission with UCLA (TAP through Honors).
- Our international alumni consistently transfer to prestigious universities like UC Berkeley, UCLA, Stanford, Cornell, Columbia, USC, USF, Washington U and many more.
- Instruction from nationally recognized faculty not teaching assistants. Among our instructors are the 2007 California Professor of the Year, Andrew Fraknoi (Astronomy), and writer/producer of the hit TV show 24, Michael Loceff (Computer Science).
Inspiration to explore San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley
- "The most beautiful community college ever built" distinction by the American Institute of Architects.
- New award-winning Campus Center, Life Sciences and Performing Arts Centers (part of the half-billion dollar renovation campaign), dental clinic, stadiums, golf and tennis complex, Olympic-size swimming pool, Krause Center for Innovation.
- More than 50 dynamic clubs, student government, intercollegiate athletics, radio station, and unique cultural heritage months.
- Exclusive services for international students: academic and immigration counseling; tax support; monthly coffee hours; free tickets to Celebrity Forum; annual Thanksgiving, Lunar New Year and International Night celebrations; new student field trips.
- Located in the rolling foothills of Los Altos Hills close to Stanford University, in the heart of the world-renowned Silicon Valley, 45 minutes south of San Francisco and 20 minutes west of San Jose, 10th largest city in the US.
- Close to headquarters of Google and Yahoo! in neighboring Mountain View, as well as to Apple, Adobe, eBay, Cisco Systems, Facebook, Intel and over 6,000 other technology companies.
- The nearby cities of Sunnyvale, Santa Clara and San Jose are consistently ranked as the country's safest.
- With 300 sunny days and average 21 degrees Centigrade all year round, we offer a truly Californian lifestyle: a short drive will bring you to the Pacific Coast beaches with some of the best surfing, golfing and sightseeing in the country.