The Foothill College Intensive Summer ESL Program is a great opportunity for international students with lower TOEFL/IELTS scores to start their studies at Foothill in the summer and transition directly into the fall quarter. Download the Summer Intensive English 2013 brochure.
Guaranteed Admission for Fall Quarter with Lower
You will not be required to retake the TOEFL or IELTS test!
Intensive English Program Includes:
- Guaranteed admission for the Fall quarter (upon completion of the program)
- 125 hours of intensive English training
- 10 units of Foothill College credit
- Small classes with personal attention
- Field trip to magnificent Bay Area sights and attractions.
June 30 – August 22, 2014
9 a.m. – 1:20 p.m., Mon. – Thurs. (no classes on Friday)
Program cost includes:
Tuition and enrollment fees
Mandatory health insurance
Housing, books, transportation, and personal expenses are not included.
Completed Application & Full Payment Due by:
Overseas Applicants – June 2, 2014
Students in the U.S. – June 23, 2014
All application documents must be submitted by the due date.
Requirements and Application Procedure:
- Submit International Student Application along with required admission documents, Reply Form, a $75 application fee and a $60 shipping fee.
- Submit proof of English proficiency: official TOEFL score 475–499 PBT, 52-60 IBT, IELTS: 5.0 – 5.9 or iTEP 3.5 or Eiken Step 2.
- International students must have completed secondary/high school before June 20, 2014.
- If you are accepted to the Intensive English course, you will receive an Admission Letter, Reply Form and I-20, which allows you to apply for an F-1 student visa.
- To reserve a space in the Intensive English Course, please send the reply form to our office with the $500 non-refundable deposit.** The deposit will be used towards your tuition fees. Remaining fees will be due by June 2.
The $500 deposit will be refunded if the U.S. embassy denies your F-1 visa application with written proof of the denial.
Foothill College does not provide on-campus housing. Homestay information is available at http://www.isphomestays.com/program/nca.html.
For more information about homestay prices and application, visit our housing section. Other housing options, such as apartments, are also available.
Fall Quarter Orientation and Registration
All students who successfully complete the Summer Intensive English Program are required to attend the regular fall quarter orientation in late August or early September before registering for academic courses.
For More Information About the Summer Intensive English Program
Please contact Sherri Mines, our International Admissions Coordinator, at email@example.com or at 1-650-949-7293.