Foothill College hosts Parent Orientation Wednesday, Sept. 17, at 6 p.m. in the Campus Center Dining Room (Room 2201). Admission and parking are free. Parents and students are welcome to attend.
In addition to answering your questions, faculty and staff will give brief presentations on university transfer options and the transfer process; financial aid opportunities; academic counseling; academic integrity; federal privacy laws under the Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA); adaptive learning resources and procedures for requesting accommodation services; parenting courses; and college resources that support student success. The event gives parents and guardians of college students the opportunity to:
• meet Foothill faculty, counselors, administrators, staff and students;
• get answers to your questions;
• learn about strategies to help your college student succeed;
• be introduced to student rights and responsibilities; and
• hear about the numerous programs and services available to Foothill students.
For more information, call (650) 949-7813 or e-mail ChavezAntoinette@foothill.edu. Parking Lots 1 and 2A provide the closest access to the Campus Center. If you require accommodations for a disability, call (650) 949-7038.