In the News...
ASFC Student Government Election Results
ASFC Represents Foothill's 16,000 Students
May 25, 2012
The Associated Students of Foothill College
(ASFC) are elected and appointed students who are responsible for representing the interests of the 16,000 students who attend Foothill College each quarter. As a whole, ASFC is the designated liaison that represents students in the college’s shared governance process with faculty, classified staff and administrators.
As required by its constitution and bylaws, ASFC recently conducted elections for several student government positions. According to current the ASFC Elections Commission, elections took place in person on campus May 14–17, 2012. Any student body member may vote in ASFC elections. Any registered student of the college may vote for the student trustee position. The election results were certified by the current ASFC at its May 24 meeting.
2012–2013 OFFICIAL ASFC ELECTION RESULTS
- Joseline Diaz, ASFC President;
- Kaan Badir, Vice President of Senate;
- Liliana Guillen, Vice President of Activities;
- Bryan Kim, Vice President of Intramural;
- Marcel S. Samudra, Vice President of Finance;
- Antonia Zavala, Foothill Student Trustee to the Foothill-De Anza Community College District Board of Trustees; and
- The ASFC Elections Committee is reviewing the results for the positions of Vice President of Administration, Vice President of OBD, as well as all senator positions. These results will be announced at a later date.
ASFC offers a variety of leadership opportunities to all interested and currently enrolled Foothill College students who want to stay informed, be involved and participate in campus leadership. Review the ASFC student government website [www.foothill.fhda.edu/campuslife/asfc.php
] for more information, or call or e-mail Foothill College Student Activities Director Daphne Small at SmallDaphne@foothill.edu
or (650) 949-7218
.Phone us at: (650) 949-7218eMail us at: SmallDaphne@foothill.eduClick here for more information.