Foothill College offers currently enrolled students the opportunity to participate in an exciting student research internship program. The deadline to submit complete application materials for this year’s internships is June 30. This is a unique program that matches students majoring in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) with internships at local universities, cities and companies. Be aware that internship partners are subject to change. Participating in the Foothill's STEM Internship Program is an excellent opportunity for you to conduct leading-edge research in various STEM fields, as well as gain real-world experience working with city officials and scientists in the private sector.
• You must have a cumulative 3.00 GPA or higher in STEM classes;
• You must be enrolled in at least one STEM class at Foothill College during the duration of the internship;
• You must be able to spend at least 10-15 hours per week during the academic calendar conducting research;
• You must provide your own transportation to/from the internship site; and
• Each internship assignment is entirely volunteer-based; no pay is provided.
To be considered, you must submit a complete application packet by June 30; late applications will not be considered. Your application packet must include:
1. A current resume with all work experience, formal education and training (PDF or Word);
2. A personal letter detailing your background, qualifications, academic and career goals, and how this work experience can help you to achieve these goals (PDF or Word). No more than one page;
3. Unofficial transcripts for completed courses (PDF or scanned image); and
4. Two Letters of recommendation.
U.S. citizenship is not required for participation (if you are not a U.S. citizen, you will not be matched with an internship dealing with national security issues). Additional restrictions apply, and you must meet certain minimum requirements that are detailed on the program's website. For more information, call or e-mail Foothill College Apprenticeship & Internship Programs Administrative Assistant Phuong Tran at email@example.com or (650) 949-7208.