In the News...
State Law Now Affects Your Ability to Repeat Courses
Read Course Repetition Restrictions Before Your Register
March 01, 2013
State laws now affect your course repetition options at Foothill College. Read the following course repetition restrictions before your register:
- Unless exceptions are specifically indicated in course descriptions in the current Foothill College Course Catalog, state regulations prohibit you from repeating a course you completed with a grade of C or better;
- State law allows you to repeat a class only twice to remove a substandard grade (D, F, NP or W);
- Depending upon the number of substandard grades that you have earned, you may be blocked from registration;
- If you have not successfully completed a course after your first attempt, you must meet with a Foothill College counselor to discuss your options; and
- There is no limit on the number of times that the student may enroll in courses designed to meet a legally mandated training requirement as a condition of continued paid or volunteer employment.
- Additional restrictions may apply; read the complete course repeatability policy at www.foothill.edu/reg/repeat.php#policy.
Meet with a Foothill Counselor: To schedule a meeting with a Foothill College counselor, follow the instructions posted at www.foothill.edu/counseling/. Counseling is available by appointment at the Foothill College Main Campus in Los Altos Hills, as well as at the Foothill College Middlefield Campus in Palo Alto.
Phone us at: (650) 949-7423eMail us at: firstname.lastname@example.orgClick here for more information.
Read the Course Repeatability Policy: Read the complete course repeatability policy at www.foothill.edu/reg/repeat.php#policy. —Effective Summer Session 2012
Check this link for additional information: http://www.foothill.edu/reg/repeat.php#policy