You do NOT need a Chemistry Placement Test if:
- Completed the prerequisite(s) courses at Foothill College within three years OR
- Completed equivalent prerequisite(s) courses at another COLLEGE or UNIVERSITY within three years OR
- Taken AP Chemistry in High School and have an AP score of 5 and have taken math prerequisites within several years.
If none of the above apply, you must take the appropriate Chemistry Placement Test. Note that :
- Special arrangements may be made for out-of-area students
- In general, high school Chem courses DO NOT meet the prerequisites except AP courses as stated above.
- For equivalent courses at another college, the student must bring the appropriate documentation and obtain an equivalency form from the counseling office BEFORE registration will be allowed.
- When prerequisite courses were taken more than three years ago, it is strongly recommended that the placement test be taken.
- Any waiver to the above policies should be petitioned through the Physical Science and Mathematics & Engineering Division Office. (650) 949-7259.
You must complete and submit the Foothill College Application for Admission prior to attending a testing session.
- A student's placement is valid for one year and then the placement exam must be taken again.
* Retest Policy
- You may take the Chemistry Placement test once in an academic year.
Top of page