Post-masters internship available
Are you a recent graduate from a MSW or MFT master's program and in need of clinical hours toward licensure?
Do you want excellent supervision and training in cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidenced based counseling methods?
Join our team to help support the wonderful students at Foothill College.
- Work with a racially and ethnically diverse student population
- Brief therapy using cognitive behavioral therapy and other evidence-based practices
- Crisis intervention and assessment
- Case management/Information and referral
- Group work
- Outreach and prevention
- Student and faculty in-service training (orientations and workshops)
Hourly stipend paid, excellent supervision and training
- Weekly individual and group supervision provided
by experienced supervisors
- One way mirror and audio-taped supervision available
- Trainings in CBT, David Burns' TEAM therapy, and other evidenced based methods
Applicants must have a strong interest in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and a willingness to learn and implement this model in clinical work.
Internship runs yearly from September through late June and a commitment to this term is required. Applicant material will be reviewed and interviews will take place between April and June of each school year.
Please express your interest before the second week of April to be considered for the following years' internship.
Interested applicants should email a
- Cover letter
- Answers to the six supplemental questions listed below
- Two letters of recommendation
(Download the recommendation form)
to Ernest Schmidt, LCSW at email@example.com
. Depending on the amount of interest, not all applicants will be contacted.
Supplemental questions to include with your application
- Although not required for this placement, discuss any experience you have with CBT and using it in a clinical setting?
- Please discuss your experience providing outreach specifically to populations that don't regularly seek counseling services? What ideas do you have in this area?
- Why are you interested in working at Psychological Services at Foothill College?
- Discuss any experience providing brief therapy to clients who have struggled with anxiety or depression problems?
- What do you feel you could bring or add to our Psychological Services team?
- What days and hours are you available to work? (we require a minimum of two days per week)