|Student Learning Outcomes -|
- Be able to identify and implement the major strokes in badminton
- Know and implement the rules of badminton in a game situation.
|Description - |
|Strategy and competition for both singles and doubles in badminton play.|
|Course Objectives - |
|The student will be able to: |
- identify the equipment, rules, and etiquette of badminton.
- practice basic fundamental skills.
- recognize offensive and defensive strategy.
- utilize proper footwork and racquet grips.
- demonstrate basic overhead and underhand strokes.
- increase levels of fitness and hand-eye coordination.
|Special Facilities and/or Equipment - |
|Badminton racquet and shuttlecocks. |
|Course Content (Body of knowledge) - |
- Terminology, equipment, and rules of badminton
- Racquets and types of shuttlecocks
- Dimensions - type of play
- Etiquette and general play
- Basic skills
- Grips - forehand and backhand
- Arm and wrist positioning
- Underhand and overhead strokes
|Methods of Evaluation - |
- Individual and team participation
- Critical thinking in competitive game play
- Demonstration of rules and etiquette of badminton
- Participation and demonstration game fundamentals
|Representative Text(s) - |
|Current NCAA Badminton Rulebook |
|Disciplines - |
|Physical Education |
|Method of Instruction - |
|Lab Content - |
|Lab Content includes demonstrations of the following |
|Types and/or Examples of Required Reading, Writing and Outside of Class Assignments - |
|optional writing exercises based on recommended reading |