All new students entering the EOPS program must sign a Student Responsibilities Contract.
STUDENT'S RESPONSIBILITY CONTRACT:
I hereby acknowledge and understand that if I am accepted into the EOPS/CARE
program at Foothill College, I will:
- See an EOPS counselor for the purpose of developing or submitting an
Educational Plan with the EOPS Department prior to or soon after enrollment
at Foothill College.
- Agree to follow my Educational Plan or consult with an EOPS counselor
before adding/dropping course(s) or withdrawing from Foothill College.
- Enroll in and complete at least 12 units per quarter (6 units during
summer session), and I will maintain a 2.0 or higher grade point average
(GPA) each quarter (failure will result in EOPS probation).
- Agree to see an EOPS counselor, once per quarter.
- Meet with my assigned peer advisor every quarter.
- Agree to submit two (2) Progress Reports, as scheduled, per quarter
[one (1) Progress Report for summer session].
- Contact an EOPS counselor if I encounter personal, academic, or financial
difficulties, which may interfere with the successful completion of my
- Take any supplementary course(s), educational workshops and/or assessment
test(s) that may be prescribed by the EOPS director and/or a counselor,
or as required by Foothill College. Failure to comply will result in disqualification
for EOPS Services. See CNSL 275.
- Notify the EOPS Department of any change in my address and/or telephone number.
A student will be placed on program probation or potential termination from
receiving EOPS services if any of the following requirements are NOT met:
- Minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Completion of a least 12.0 units each quarter
- Completion of 2 required contact sessions each quarter
- Adherence to the Educational Plan
- Reasonable progress towards academic goal
- Submission and Completion of Progress Reports
EOPS Withdrawal or Dismissal
A student is subject to withdrawal or dismissal from the program if:
- Student has withdrawn from all classes
- After being placed on probation and not completing the probationary period
- Being dismissed from the college (see Student Academic Honor Code)