Transfer Counseling —
Drop In or Make
What is Transfer Drop In?
Drop-in transfer counseling is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Sessions are limited to 10 minutes and are intended for quick and brief questions, such as:
Drop In or Quick Question Locations Fall 2011
- Finding out about transfer deadlines and/or requirements
- Help with university applications
- Personal Essay Review
- Class selection for the quarter
- Basic transfer information
Quick Question Tables are offered at various locations noted in the Drop-in Transfer
document. Drop-In Transfer counseling is located in the Transfer Center in Room 8329.
What is a 30-Minute Transfer Counseling Appointment?
Some issues, such as those listed below, require more time than a 10-minute drop-in session and you should schedule an appointment to see a counselor.
How to Prepare for a 30-Minute Counseling Appointment
- The development of your Student Education Plan (SEP)
- Academic, progress and disqualification holds
- Transfer Admission Guarantees (TAGs) contracts
- Financial Aid and Veterans Educational Transfer Plans
- Choosing a major
- Course substitutions
- Filing petitions for IGETC or CSU General Education
- Transcript evaluation
Canceling a Counseling Appointment
- BE ON TIME!
- Bring transcripts from other colleges, test scores, your education plan, and any other records that are relevant to the issues you want to discuss.
- Make a list of questions you want to ask.
- Do as much legwork ahead of time so you can make the most out of your time with the counselor.
- Note: Any documents (transcripts, forms, etc.) faxed to the Counseling Division are used by the counselors and then shredded. They are not kept on file at the division office.
CLICK HERE to make a 30-minute transfer
If you need to cancel your appointment, please do so at least 24 hours in advance. There are two ways to cancel:
- Log into the transfer counseling appointment site.
- Click on View or Cancel Appointments button
- Click on Cancel button on the left
- Select a reason for canceling
- Click on Continue button to cancel the appointment
- Or call the Transfer Center at (650) 949-7235.