Foothill College Accreditation
Foothill College is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges, of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges.
Reaffirmation of Accreditation 2017
Foothill College's accreditation was reaffirmed in January of 2018 by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges (ACCJC) after the completion of a comprehensive self-study in August of 2017 and site evaluation team visit on October 9-13, 2017.
- Action Letter for Reaffirmation of Accreditation — January 26, 2018
- Accreditation Comprehensive Evaluation Visit Team Report — December 2017
Foothill College – Recommendations and Commendation
The College received two recommendations for improvement and one commendation in the ACCJC's Action Letter for Reaffirmation of Accreditation.
Institutional Self-Evaluation Report 2017
Download Self-Evaluation Report
Other Important Information
Seven-Year Review Cycle
The college maintains its accreditation by fulfilling criteria that are determined by the ACCJC.
Throughout its continuous seven-year review cycle, Foothill College conducts and publishes several review instruments, including
- an annual report
- annual fiscal report
- midterm report
- comprehensive institutional self-study
- and an evaluation review by a team of peers
Foothill College views accreditation as an ongoing process and invites community members, students, faculty and staff to be informed and participate.
It is important to know which college representatives are leading Foothill in its ongoing accreditation cycle.
If you have questions, comments or concerns, contact accreditation representatives as listed under Steering Committee Members.
Please Contact Me!
Administration Building 1900
Foothill programs are also accredited by the following:
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Medical Association Council on Medical Education
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Diagnostic Medical Sonography
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- National Board for Respiratory Care