Steps for Success
Your Educational Plan
What is an EOPS Educational Plan?
An educational plan is an outline of a student's course of study, which will eventually lead to a determined academic goal.
Who does the Educational Plan?
You develop an individualized educational plan along with the assistance and guidance of an EOPS counselor.
The plan may include the following information:
- Academic goal(s)
- A list of courses needed to reach your goal(s)
- A list of courses that you have already completed
Why is an Educational Plan important?
Once you have a clear understanding of the requirements that are necessary to fulfill your educational goal(s), then you will be able to plan accordingly during your enrollment at Foothill College.
How can an Educational Plan help you?
When should the Educational Plan be done?
Our Counseling Team is Here for You
As your EOPS Counselors, we are here to use our skills, techniques, interventions, logic, and intuition to help you make decisions leading to successful college and life experiences.
We specifically help you with:
- Assist you with various issues relating to your academic, career, and personal development.
- Help you acclimate to the Foothill College environment and culture.
- Develop your educational plan, help you with your class selection, and guide you through registration.
- Work with you to develop career exploration strategies and assist you in deciding on a major and/or career.
- Walk you through the entire transfer process from selecting Universities to completing the application.
- Support you on a personal level with obstacles and challenges that can interfere with the pursuit of your academic goals.
- Teach college success courses to include Introduction to College and College Success and EOPS specific courses that provide you with the appropriate tools and skills to enhance your college experience.
- Refer you to the resources available on campus if needed.
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8000, Room 8202, 2nd floor
Oct. 9– Dec. 15
Winter Recess Hours
Dec. 18 – Dec. 21
Jan. 2 – Jan. 5
Jan. 8 – Jan. 12
Jan. 16 – Jan. 19
Jan. 22 – Mar. 29
HOLIDAYS & EXCEPTIONS