Petition for Graduation
Congratulations Class of 2023!
Petition for June 30 Commencement Ceremony
Friday, May 12 is the deadline to petition for graduation to include your name in the printed program for the 2023 Commencement Ceremony.
- To petition for your associate degree, associate degree for transfer, or bachelors degree, you must meet with a counselor.
- Note: You may still petition for graduation after the May 12 deadline, but will not have your name printed in the commencement program.
- The Commencement Ceremony will take place on on Friday, June 30, 2023.
Steps to Petition for Your Degree
- Prior to petition for graduation, all official transcripts (sealed by the issuing institution and unopened) must be on file in Admissions & Records or attached to the Petition for Graduation.
- One quarter prior to your estimated graduation date, meet with a counselor to go over the degree requirements and submit the Petition for Graduation.
- Schedule a counseling appointment.
Petition for Graduation Forms
|Quarter Degree Awarded||Term Transferring||Deadline to Submit Petition||Graduation Status Email Sent||You Receive Your Diploma (Approximitely)|
|Fall Transfer Degree||Winter Quarter or Spring Semester of the same academic year.||October 1
(May vary per CSU)
|Spring Transfer Degree||Fall Quarter or Semester of the following academic year.||March 1
(May vary per CSU)
Claim Your Digital Diploma
Starting with Spring 2022 graduates, Foothill College has partnered with Parchment to provide a digital version of your diploma. This makes it easy to share your accomplishments with family, friends and potential employers.
- Upon completion of your degree, you will receive an email to electronically ‘Claim’ your diploma.
- You can log in to your Parchment account at any time to share your diploma again and again.
- You will then have permanent online access to your digital diploma.
- Learn full details here
Apply for Your Degree or Certifcate
Follow Steps to Petition for Graduation
To refer to your degree or certificate requirements by catalog year, view them here:
In Student Services, we acknowledge our role in not serving our Black students adequately. Please read full statement of our commitment to alter our course of action with a quarterly updated public plan.
We're Here to Help!
Student Services Building 8300, Room 8302
Instructional Department Information